Best Affordable Products for Virgin Brazilian Hair Extensions

We all know that virgin hair extensions are an investment. So if you invest in virgin hair extensions, you have to use  the right products to maintain them, in order to get the most out of your investment. I'm narrowing it down to the products that have  worked best for me. 

At first I assumed pricier products would be better but the higher end products I use on my relaxed hair made my hair frizzy and harder to manage, so I decided to try more economical brands.

1) Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
This is essential, avoid using just any shampoo or conditioner. It has to be a MOISTURIZING shampoo and conditioner.

Herbal Essences Hello Hydration 2 in 1 Shampoo + conditioner & Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner

OR

 Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair Conditioner

 ** Tip: I co-wash my virgin hair extensions at least 2x per week. I shampoo once a month or less to clean my hair. When I shampoo, I use the 2 in 1 shampoo+ conditioner followed by the moisturizing conditioner and it leaves my hair buttery soft. Do not use the 2 in 1 Shampoo + conditioner on its own.**

2) Leave-in-conditioner
A leave-in-conditioner is not needed if you have straight or body wave hair but if your extensions are a deep curl, deep wave, kinky curl, tight curl texture it's a must. Basically the wavier or curlier your extensions the more necessary it is.

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split end Leave- in protector for long hair. 


OR

Motions CPR Triple Action Leave in Conditioner

3) Serum
A serum is a must for all Virgin hair extensions. I use it after I apply my leave in conditioner or as a leave-in by itself. It is not greasy at all and a little goes a long way. I apply a dime size and work it into my hair. Serums help control frizz and it doesn't weigh your hair down.

One 'n Only Argan Oil
 
OR
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment

4) Heat Protectant
Always apply a heat protectant before you apply any heat to your hair.To get your hair bone straight when you flat iron, I recommend:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Flat Iron Perfector Straightening Mist

For blow drying, curling with wands, curling irons, flat irons etc. I recommend:
Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray

What are some of your favorite products to use on your Virgin hair extensions?

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I heard it helps if u condition your hair as well as weaves first then wash aiming down then you can shampoo to help remove any residue from hair products. The conditioning before helps to detangle and soften the hair. So after you shampoo you can you a little leave in or wash the conditioner out. Make sure all products are sulfate free. I have lots of allergies so I went to amazon and typed if sultfate free, gluten free and soy free shampoo and two items came up with great reviews on treating scalp problems and softening the hair extremely.

      Delete
  2. This was extremely helpful and informative. .... thank u so much!!!

    ReplyDelete

DIY : Kinky Straight Blow Out Wig

Revisiting my favorite texture of all time... kinky straight. This time I constructed my own wig with two 16 inch bundles and a 12 inch lace...